The 3BT (Three Boat) Water Rescue Trailer series was designed with safety and operation for water rescue technicians in mind.
The 3BT trailer has some of the most modern innovations to impact water rescue operations, safety, speed and deployment capabilities in years.
Turnkey Trailer Design:
The DLX-3BT is more than a trailer – it is a purpose built, self-sufficient operational asset that provides added safety, security, and overall capacity to meet the uncompromising demands of water rescue. From the ground up every detail of the trailer is designed with the water rescue professional in mind. The versatility of features ensures everything serves more than one purpose. The front cabin serves as a secure storage area for items like personnel protective gear, ropes, chainsaws, etc. but most importantly additional boat motors on ergonomic motor carts. When the cabin is empty, it also serves as a private changing area that is out of the elements. There is storage on the front end of the trailer for a readily available DLX-ASAP rapid shelter system to support command, operations, and/or logistics. The boat motor carts are custom designed to be able fit three motors in the cabin, with sturdy off road wheels to take the motors to the water’s edge. The motor carts roll up & down the cabin ramp, which can be deployed on both sides of the trailer. The BIRD (Boat Insertion & Recovery Device) is a two-wheeled system that allows one person to easily move and control a boat with motor from the trailer and deploy it into the water maximizing use of your personnel. The BIRD is money well spent – it reduces the need for four-six personnel to deploy a boat but it also significantly reduces risk of injury.
Identified Past-Operation Challenges (before the DLX-3BT):
Just like any other product design from Deployed Logix, the DLX-3BT was designed to offer a solution that improved on noticeable operational and logistical challenges in the field. Addressing several of these challenges was the goal of the DLX-3BT:
- Transport and rapid deployment of multiple boats, motors, and support equipment on a single trailer and vehicle package
- Capability for establishing quick command and logistical support
- Ergonomic transport and deployment boat motors
- Faster and easier transport of boats and motors to the water
- Better spare motor storage and security
- A changing/dressing area that provides both privacy / protection from elements
- Increased safety in night operations
- Lightweight overall package with extensive storage capacity